25 February 2014

Water Worries

I've always tried to find the simplest ways to solve problems that arise around me and to that end, I can't help but feel that there is a relatively simple fix to the water "crisis" I hear about on the evening news here in Las Vegas all the time. I mean I won't even address the issue of apartment complexes watering nearly 24/7 while water runs off the sidewalks and driveways, but a bigger issue seems to be the insistence of people who, although we live in the desert, insist on having rolling lawns of green grass everywhere.
How about this SNWA, give property owners a generous tax credit if they replace their lawns with natural desert landscaping.
Some of that landscaping is actually quite beautiful and think of all the savings across the board. If a real incentive is in place I think most people would realize the benefit.
I also think it's being a bit more proactive rather than reactive.
Seems like a fairly simple fix to me.
If you have any thoughts on the subject or would like to promote this idea, feel free to do so below or you can email me at: rmvcard@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment